2305 N. Williston Road, Florence, South Carolina
Christ Church is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. First organized as a chapel in 1843 by the Rev. N. P. Tellinghast of Trinity Church, Society Hill, South Carolina, this church was formally established as Christ Church, Mars Bluff, in 1856. The Rev. Augustus Moore, who took over the chapel in 1854, became the first rector of Christ Church and served until 1876. This sanctuary, on land donated by Dr. Edward Porcher, was consecrated in 1859. By the late 1890s, Christ Church had become a mission church, rather than a parish church, but monthly services continued until they were suspended in 1918. The church began an annual homecoming service in 1927, and held special services, such as Baptisms and weddings, during the 1930s and 1940s; it was officially reorganized as a mission church in 1950.
Christ Church is located across from the Country Club of South Carolina, one mile south of Interstate Highway 95, exit 170, and three miles north of U.S. Highways 76/301 on South Carolina Highway 327. (Map) Christ Church is 9 miles from downtown Florence, 17 miles from Darlington, SC and 20 miles from Marion, SC. If you live in any of these areas, please, consider joining our congregation.
Christ Church will celebrate Holy Eucharist Rite II at 10:30 AM this coming All Saints Sunday, November 2, 2014. Father Don Hayes will be the celebrant.
Regular Sunday morning events:
10:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist every Sunday except Morning Prayer every 1st Sunday of the month.
10:00 a.m. Morning Prayer every first Sunday of the month, with fellowship and refreshments following the service.
The Diocese of South Carolina | SCIway - South Carolina Information Highway